Monday, February 22, 2010

Meet Kitty

Pretty Kitty


Kitty sneaking some peanut butter.


"Awww, he wikes me.  He's smiling at me Mama."


Kitty getting comfy

The kids have been begging for a cat for some time.  But adding one more living thing to our home just wasn't high on our priority list, and neither was paying the $100+ adoption fee for a kitty who may or may not get along with everyone (even though Josh and I both love cats and missed not having one).  Sometime ago we visited my parent's home and met this little cat (boy? girl? we still don't know).  It was the friendliest little thing, coming right up to the kids and me, purring and flopping on its back.  When I put Parker in the carseat, he/she jumped up into her lap.  I came home and told Josh about the cat, but the subject was kind of dropped.
Then we all went out to visit and Josh met Kitty and my parents told us about how the neighbor boy torments him, how he'd been abandoned after his old owners got new furniture and that every time they put food out for him, he gobbled it up.  He rarely left my parents front porch except when chased away by my parent's overly playful pup.  We almost took him home that night, but didn't have room in the car.  I tried to convince my sister to take him, but she got too worried about how her cat would react, so we finally stepped up.  We went to PetsMart and loaded up on kitty stuff and the kids waited all week for their kitty.  To say they were excited is putting it mildly.  Every morning they asked, all week long they made plans for the kitty, made him a bed, argued about whose cat it'd be.
Kitty's been here a whole day, and its like he's always lived here.  The kid's are still over the moon about it and have not left it alone for more than ten minutes.  He/She's turning out to be the perfect little kitty for our house, being totally mellow around Tammie and the kids and soaking up all the affection and love that's being poured on it.  Tammie is taking it pretty well (a lot better than she took to the dog we dog-sat) only lashing out last night when the kitty jumped in my lap on the couch.  She came from across the room snarling.  Josh stopped her and she calmed down enough to sit on the other end of the couch and pout.  I've tried to give Tammie extra love and think they'll be totally fine with each other very soon.

Heres the kids playing with Kitty last night.  Every move he makes is HIGH-larious!!

Playing with Kitty from The Family Wright on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Molly said...

That is high-larious. What on earth is Josh talking about in the background? If I am a good guesser I'd say something on TV that was a bug or creature or something gross.