Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Earthworm Rescue

A while back it rained, and after dropping Fin off at school Parker discovered a bunch of worms (whats a group of worms called? ooooh, a CLEW*) a clew of worms that she decided needed to be put back on the dirt. This may be a little long for those who aren't directly related to Parker, but this video so en-captures what life with Parker is like. She has no internal dialogue. She is both intensely focused and easily distracted. She's not squeamish at all. She anthropomorphizes and yet is able to talk about the worm's untimely demise with frankness ("dis one wooks old...Den he's gonna die, right Mom?"). Worms, spiders, scorpions are equally as cute as kittens, otters and babies. She asks me questions, but answers them herself. There's no one like my girl and this is what my daily interaction with her is like. I could never be bored as a stay at home mom...

Earthworm Rescue from The Family Wright on Vimeo.

A video of P rescuing some earthworms from the gutter.

*Am I the only nerd who seriously loves learning what different groups of animals, etc are called? Seriously stoked to add another group name in my brain...

2 comments:

Christy said...

I LOVE how the baby earthworm is so cute and how her voice manages to get even higher when speaking about the baby. ;)

Escher Dashiki said...

OMG, you are getting me seriously amped for this stage of my life. This is pretty much what I do on my own; I want a lil 'un to join me.

P.S. I LOVE animal group names too :)