Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Conversations


Like it wasn't hard enough that Parker has every single eating establishment's logo memorized, now that she's reading I'm not safe in bland strip malls either. Parking at the grocery store, she started reading the signs
"Duh-O-Nah-Uh-Tah. DONUT! Mama I want a donut! Can we get donuts, please please please?? I'll buy you a dre-esss!!" (she's learned this from the master negotiator, Griffin Daniel, he's always been able to get what he wants from kids by bribing or proposing trades)
"No, baby, we just ate breakfast."
Pointing to the pizza place, "Okay, can we get pizza den?"

*****************************

Fin and his class took a little field trip down to the Post & Ship after they learned all about the postal service and stamps and all that. I had four kids in my group, including Fin and his friend Atherv. I already loved Atherv only because the last week I was at school he brought in his soccer trophy and claimed that he had scored three hundred goals. When the kids questioned how that would be possible, he matter of factly stated that his team passed him the ball a lot (a totally plausible situation). As we were walking down the hill my ears perked up when I heard Atherv and Fin talking. I caught the words "black hole" and then I heard Fin ask, "Yeah, but what do you think happens to the color white when it goes into a black hole?" These are six year olds.

*****************************

I was laying on the couch checking my email on my phone. Fin came over and took the phone out of my hands. Protesting, I said, "Hey, what are you doing?" "I want a snuggle. A two hand snuggle." he said as he curled up around me.

*****************************

Josh does this thing to Parker where he puts on a really bad French accent and says, "ooooh Parker, se manifique, oooh lala Parker" and she gets all giggly and squealy and tells him to "stoooop Daddy!!" Yesterday at lunch I put her plate in front of her and she said (in a bad French accent), "ooooh Griffin, say mana beef! say mana beef!"

*****************************

Griffin lost another tooth (we're up to three now!). The next morning Josh was in the kitchen when Fin woke up. Fin came out of his room, held up his five dollar bill, said "Boom." and walked away.


1 comment:

Christy said...

So cute! Griffin looks so grown up with his missing toothy grin! My mind hurts just thinking about the black hole comment!