Monday, March 31, 2008

Conversations with a three year old


Fin was supposed to be taking a nap. I was supposed to be catching up on my emails. All of a sudden he's at my elbow.
"Fin, you're supposed to be in bed."
"Mama, you wook hungree."
"I look hungry?"
"Yeah, wet me get chu a snack."
*************************************************************************
Fin is attempting to take the shell off a hard boiled egg all by himself, but he keeps pushing too hard and makes holes in the egg. Frustrated, he lets out a big sigh and says
"uuuggghhh! WHAT is going ON with me?!"
*********************************************************************************
Once again Fin is supposed to be napping.
"Mama? Do you know where Sissy is?"
Me, alarmed: "Why? She's not in bed?"
"No, she just isn't there."
*********************************************************************************
In the car:
"Mama can you put on a sast (fast) song?"
"Umm...like this?"
"No, wike weally weally sast." pumps hand into the air frenetically
"This one?"
"NO! I wanna rock out. Wike the ones with the guy goes rwwwaarrrw rwwwarrw" and does his best impression of Daddy's heavy metal music.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

the egg one cracks me up. I can hear him & see him doing it!