Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bieber Fever


Last week when I went to pick up Parker from preschool she wrapped herself around me and pleadingly asked me, "Mommy, can I be a beaver for Halloween, pleeeeeeeaaaase?!" One of her teachers looked at me and said, "Oh she wants to be Justin Bieber for Halloween?" and then I heard all the kids at the lunch table start excitingly tell each other how I'm going to be Justin Bieber for Halloween, no I'M going to be Justin Bieber for Halloween, NO I'M GOING TO BE JUSTIN BIEBER. I had to explain to her teacher that Parker has no idea who Justin Bieber is and she thinks everyone is going to show up dressed like beavers for Halloween.

Fast forward to today. Parker and I are waiting for Fin to get out of school, when a little girl Parker's age walks up. Her hair is in two tight french braids and completely covered in glitter, she's got glitter on her face, on her shirt, everywhere. She's wearing a Justin Bieber t-shirt, ripped up jeans and patent leather boots. Parker runs up to her and says HI! and the girl immediately says, "I'm going to a Justin Bieber concert tonight!!" Parker counters, "Wook at dis! I found this giant acorn on our walk!" The girl repeats, "Yeah, but I'M GOING TO THE JUSTIN BIEBER CONCERT TONIGHT" then Parker says, "I hab a tail! Its attach-dey-did! Wanna spin with me?!" and shows off the black cat tail she's worn for three days straight safety pinned to her pants. The girl, realizing Parker is thoroughly unimpressed with her plans for the night sighs, rolls her eyes and walks away. Parker skips over to me and says, "Wanna see how fast I can twirl?" I scooped her up, gave her a giant hug and kiss and said, "I love you so much Squirrelly Whirl, don't you ever change. Now lets see how fast you can spin!"

And she spun and spun and spun.



1 comment:

christine said...

love love love. and when they meet my JB (the puppy) they will be in love, but until then, ignorance is bliss.