Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rainy Day Schedule


We're stuck in side today with some major thunder storms (thrilling!) so Parker and I decided we'd make some yarn pumpkins (like we did last year). When we made these the last time, I just bought the cheapest yarn I could find, but this year I've got a mantle. A mantle that is just begging to be decorated for every passing season. Right now its covered in rats and skulls and all sorts of creepiness, but I want to phase out the creepiness once Halloween is over and do something a bit more fall. So I got us some super thick, nubby yarn (bogo sale at JoAnns!) to make pumpkins and I have plans on making some more pumpkins out of old sweaters and fabric (like these). The pumpkins came out just how I hoped, lumpy and nubby and cozy. I think with my vintage books, a few acorns and maybe a bouquet of wheat we'll be good to go. Now what to do about Christmas...

2 comments:

Christine said...

not to sound completely uncrafty (which I am) but how did you make these? They are beautiful.

The Family Wright said...

They are so deceptively easy! I linked to them in the post, just click on "yarn pumpkins" If that doesn't work for you let me know!