Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Conversations



"Mama, I'm gonna go to ballet cwass, and I'm going to stay all by my self-sis and the mothers and fathers stay at home and be happy. Isn't dat so nice of me Mama?" - Parker

***********************************

I'd texted Josh from the hospital while we were waiting for Baby Arlo to arrive, telling him that the nurses had kicked us out of the hallway. He wrote back:
"Fin says to have the boss of the hospital kick the nurse out"
We went back and forth for a bit and then:
"Fin wants to know what you think about his idea"
I said "Tell him if I knew who the boss was I would!"
"Fin says to look it up on your iPhone"

Griffin Daniel. Taking care of business when the adults won't.

**********************************

Its funny how striking a new word sounds when your six year old uses it. I can't for the life of me remember what we were talking about, but I asked Fin something along the lines of, "Would you want to do that too?" and he answered, "No, I just feel more cautious about it."

**********************************
Parker's in the back seat trying to sound out a word on the bus next to us.
"Oh- Kah - Ta - Ah. Oh-Kah-Ta-Ah. Mama, what does Ohkahtaah mean?"
Puzzled myself, I looked over at the bus. It was an OCTA bus (Orange County Transportation Authority)

No comments: