Thursday, May 22, 2008

Conversations with a three year old




"Mom, this helicopter is a darn helicopter."
"What do you mean its a darn helicopter?"
"It's just not working. Darn helicopter."

***************************************

"Are you going to go with Dad to get those shoes for Jessi's wedding?"
"Yeah, I fink I'm just gonna get those heaby ones."
"Fin, I already told you they are waaaay too heavy. They'll hurt your feet."
"Yeah, but I fink it'll be fine. I fink I have pretty big muscles in my feet and it'd be fine."

***************************************

I put a Nina Simone cd in the car. A sigh comes from the back seat.
"Ugh. I don't wanna wisten to Mommy music. I want to wisten to cool guy music!"

****************************************

Fin is convinced I did not make his cinnamon toast exactly the same way Daddy did (even though it was). I'm frustrated to no end, because we have to leave for preschool and he hasn't eaten anything. He says something naughty and I say,
"Fin, you don't need to talk to me like that. If you keep talking like that I'm going to have to put you in time out."
"No Mommy. I'm mad at you. You're mad at me. Its just what's happening."

*****************************************
"Momma, I want to go to Tarbuks and get special milk."
"I know buddy, but Sissy needs to go home and take a nap."
"No she doesn't!"
"Yeah, Fin, she does, look she's already falling asleep."
"But I don't want her to fall asleep!! I WUUUVVV HER!!"



No comments: